Advertisements
Fire crews were called to the scene (stock image)

Driver spots flames and smoke coming from building

Firefighters were called to a blaze in a single-storey building in Womenswold near Canterbury last night.

Crews were The Street at 7.20pm after a passing driver saw flames and smoke coming from the building.

The fire is believed to have been started in faulty electrical appliance in a laundry room.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus attacked the blaze using a high-pressure hose reel jet.

A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to clear smoke and fumes from the property.

There are no reports of any injuries and the cause has not yet been confirmed.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Get news by email