A woman was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at a residential house in Herne Bay this morning.
Firefighters were called to Selsea Avenue after a blaze started in a bedroom at the property just after 9am.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a high-pressure hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.
One woman in the building was treated for shock and the effects of breathing in smoke, but did not need to go to hospital.
After tackling the blaze, firefighters used a positive pressure ventilation fan to clear smoke and fumes from the property.
The cause is not known, but will be investigated.
Crews left at 10.20am.